






Holden turned ONE on June 30th,2011. We celebrated his birth on Saturday July 2nd at 10:30am in a 4th of July All-American style for our all-American little boy!
My mom and Pat hosted the party at their home--I love their place. Mom collects crosses, can you tell! Thank you to Pat and Drew for readying the yard, and to mom and my sister Lacy for helping me SO much with the cupcakes and decor. We are a blessed family.
Singing Happy Birthday to Holden for the 1st time. He didn't know what to think of everyone singing and looking at him. Hudson blew out his candle for him. What a sweet big brother!
(We actually had to have a do-over because as soon as I lit the candle Hudson blew it out, so we had to re-light it and sing.)
Holden enjoyed his slideshow (compliments of dad) with his Uncle Jeff, Aunt Sally (baby Madeline will join us in September) and Mamaw Lynne Risner. Thank you to my mother-in-law for keeping Hudson for us while we prepped for the party. It was challenge enough to keep up with Holden while baking!
What's better than a birthday with your grandma, nothing I can think of! It meant so much to me to share the day with her. She is so beautiful. Thank you to my aunts Sue and Sandy Sullivan for making the drive over with grandma to celebrate with us. I truly have the most beautiful, selfless family.
I was informed in secret that the beautiful Wurtz family will be welcoming a second little wonder in early February 2012. Paul is going to be a big brother!
My Aunt Janie is the most empathetic person I know. I think of myself as empathetic, but nothing like her. During the party without any warning or symptoms from me, she came up to me and said. "you have a headache don't you baby." Well YES I did in fact have a terrible stress headache. She said, "I used to just run myself crazy trying to make everything perfect for the girls parties when they were little and I would always end up with a terrible headache during the whole thing!"
My awesome sister Lacy took and edited all of the photos above. She is such a blessing.
Jason created the slideshow with several songs that remind us of Holden, "In Your eyes" by Rogue Wave, Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap, Rock me Mama by Old Crowe Medicine Show, New Soul by Yael Naim, New Kid in Town by The Eagles, Good Life by One Republic, and Paul Simons "Loves me Like a Rock".
Gotta be a good, good life...

































No comments:
Post a Comment